Thursday 28 March 2013

Presentation and pitch

After looking at the pro and cons sheet I could see that both of the ideas were very similar so either idea could be as successful as each other.

I decided to go in the end with My Life idea because I thought drawing would go quite successful and be able to adapt a situation to a real life situation so that the target audience would be able to relate to this product.

I then created a presentation on PowerPoint with several different slides that would sell my idea to the client. I spoke about the initial idea and what I was going to do, the soundtrack, the theme, the pros and cons this is to tell the client that they are good aspects but something may be bad and get in the way. Also I wrote about my target audience for the product, the props I would need it make it this may be for the set or because I'm doing hand drawn animation I need to make sure I have the materials: pen, paper, rubber. I worked out how long the duration will be with the amount of seconds and the frame rate to work out the number of shots I will take.


I think my presentation did not go as well as I would have hoped. I got a bit confused in areas and my idea didnt come across as I hoped. I felt that I could make it better, which my client agreed on.

The client questioned me on some things such as what the transition in time will be so I didn’t make it clear enough it will be a dream. From this I made sure my client understood what it meant about the bubble coming from the girl’s head to show it is in her thoughts something she wants to come. It would be quite hard to show an envelope opening and this could be quite time consuming and bore the viewer. He questioned the changes of age of the character I know that it is the same character at the same age but just her seeing herself in this life.

The client asked us to make sure the idea is something that people watch it so I had to think about different ideas to why a person will watch it. I had to make sure the audience will get the message of SELF DEVELOPMENT as to begin with I didn’t think this was very much noticeable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment