Thursday 28 March 2013

Evaluation


‘Funny in 15’ Evaluation

The footage that I edited for my ‘Funny in 15’ video were the one when the person knocks at a door with a catalogue then is chased down the street by the man in the house is reading the book at the end. I thought this was a good idea because it seemed quite a funny idea as it isn’t what you’d expect to happen when the character that Elias goes to knock at the door. Overall, I believe the recording went very well and I am pleased with the outcome but in some places they were continuity errors with the hat standing up then the hat that was bent over.

Original Idea
From the idea in the first place with pre-production our final product is extremely different as we changed the majority of the idea when filming as we didn’t seem it work or be as funny as expected. We stayed with the same locations as it would work and a man opening the door to someone coming but we added in him being crazy and jumping on the guy then running after him down the street then reading his book.

I believe the changes that were made from the original idea then created to the final were very successful and I am happy with the outcome of the video because I think it reflects a funnier side than in the first place. I am pretty sure it will make the target audience laugh as we aimed to do.

Camerawork
The camerawork in my video I feel was reasonably good throughout the video but in some places it lacked and didn’t look so good as others. We used many different shots and angles within the video, which reinforced the characters position in what they were playing at the time. For example in screen cap 1 it shows that Ben is more intimidating from opening the door and he is the main character and who you are more focused on.

The shots when Elias is going to knock on the door runs smoothly as he is still walking up to door on screen cap 2 then on screen cap 3 we see him knocking on the door I find this a good effect as we don’t see any continuity errors of him knocking then knocking again. I think the two separate camera work of seeing the character walk up the door is effective as we see two different perspectives which puts us in the position of being both characters in the story.

On screen cap 4 we see the footage of the door before Elias walks up it doesn’t seem very straight which isn’t so good because it doesn’t make it as effective or professional as its potential. The quality of the footage throughout isn’t very clear so this lacks in profession but I will make sure this is clear and too a better standard for my next project.

Editing/Audio
When I went to capture all my footage on too the computer it wouldn’t let me which I then realised we haven’t recorded in HD so I had to change the settings in Final Cut to DV because that were the setting we had recorded it. This was a bit of a let down as it put down the quality of the video which didn’t make it look so good and too the better standard it could be.

I feel editing went quite well and smoothly as I were on board with everything I wanted to do and knew exactly where I wanted each shot to be and how long they were needed to be. Some shots needed to be edited slightly tighter than anticipated because of the voices that were in the background from camera crew but in the end I feel the editing cuts that were made were made for a good reason and made it better.

The audio that we used within our video was the audio from the HD 1000 video camera that we were recording on and all the sound effects were already put in place at the scene. I thought keeping this audio was more effective and real than putting sound effects in after because it doesn’t give the same vibe too the audience.



Areas of Improvement
When I am creating the idea for my next project and going on to filming I would like to stick to the original idea and see it through to the end. I would like to stick to my storyboards with some changes could be made as I would have more time in pre-production to work out if it goes well with the target audience and fits all the criteria’s needed. Next time I will make sure I record in HD as this will make the quality of the film better and to a higher profession that this video. I will make sure all the time the camera is straight and made to look to how I anticipated it too look. I will go through and make sure there are no continuity errors and runs through smoothly as it is an important factor.

Overall Conclusion
Overall, I believe the video was quite good the majority the time it does include quite a few errors throughout but for the next project I will make sure I aim to overcome this in the future. It does include many strengths and weaknesses throughout the video but I feel it will reach to the target audience and make them laugh, as this is the key requirement. I think we used some good camera angles in the project, which reinforces the characters. I am pleased with the overall outcome of the video and hope I can develop my skills in the next project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment