Saturday 4 May 2013

Production (Kids and Pranks)


Today, I was filming two different projects one in the morning Kids and Pranks and one in the afternoon Pause for these I was playing both production managers but at times because of people having to be at different places I stepped in and helped be sound operator and camera operator.

We met at 9am at college where we met collected our equipment; Z7 camera, tripod and Canon 1000d then set off to Huddersfield Road the location where we were shooting our video it took us around 15 minutes to get there so we started setting up for our production about 9.30am where we started filming Kids and Pranks.

We began setting up for in the living room, as this is the first location on Kids and Pranks that we put in our shooting schedule. In the meanwhile our cast member John played by John Smith was rehearsing his lines just before shooting. This scene took a while for us to get going and moving the camera round and for the actor to get used to it but I think it went really well. I were a production manager so I was just making sure that everything was running through properly. I also did the log sheet where I logged every take we took and what shot number and the description to why it didn’t work or if it was good enough to use and I took some production stills. This scene took about 45 minutes to shoot this was a little longer than we hoped but a lot of it contained with getting everything set up. After this we had to have our camera operator and sound operator to leave as they had to be somewhere else but the director and me shared roles with these as well as shoot the kitchen scene.

When we started filming in the kitchen I thought that it was a lot quicker and easier. As we were on a role and the cast was so it was quite quick and altogether with this project I feel it went good but I think the director should have not made it so complicated when filming in kitchen. I think when editing it may be a little jumpy because he changes the camera position when it was supposed to be used on the same shots. Also some of the shots I think the character didn’t deliver his lines as good as we were hoping and I think we should have re done this one again. In pre-production we said we was going to re shoot a line in the script ‘I’m going to kill that kid’ in a different context as it may not be appropriate with the particular audience but the director wouldn’t consider doing this in production. We finished filming about half past 11.


No comments:

Post a Comment