Thursday 16 May 2013

Continued post-production (kids and pranks)


Today was deadline day for the first cut. They were only a few things we had to do but it did stretch out longer than we were expecting. We started off with cutting down some of the clips so they were shorter and fitted tightly so that it worked well.

We looked through all different sound effects and clips to add in for the phone ringing and laughing and things. But some of these we didn’t think were very appropriate so we filmed laughing and whispering. Also the voiceover after these took about 5 minutes per try we took a few takes of each of them and I thought these worked in our video.

I edited in these in the appropriate places to fit in with the storyboards. I also got the directors help with opening sequence we he choose and put in the appropriate data. Also he put a music soundtrack from final cut I didn’t think it worked very well as it should have it was too jolly and didn’t fit the theme of the short film.

Overall, I don’t think I was as pleased with the first cut as I hoped I think some of the footage was not appropriate which didn’t fit correct when editing. Next time for final cut I hope to film it again to make it perfect and clear to the audience as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment